Monday 1 July 2013

Pretty Surroundings

Gromit Number Two


Two years ago, I found a WOW Gorilla in exactly the same spot, so when coming back from the Garden centre with Michael (oh, the exciting life we live!), I made Michael slam on the brakes in Clifton Village when I spotted this Gromit in the Mall Gardens. In 2011, this was the spot of the Gorilla dressed in the Union Jack, and this time, it is the spot of the Sheepdog Gromit. 

This is Number 48 in the trail and is situated in the Mall Gardens in Clifton. I love his patchwork design - makes him look old and cuddly! I took the picture with the red flowers in it because I thought that the setting of this Gromit was very picturesque. 

This Gromit was designed by Richard 'Golly' Starzak - who is most famous as the director of Shaun the Sheep, Robbie the Reindeer, Rex the Runt and Creature Comforts. He works for Aardman Animations as a Creative Director. He used his work with the manic Shaun the sheep to help in his design of this Gromit:

"I had in my head a sort of cartoon mechanical Trojan Horse, driven by Shaun!" (Richard Starzak, from the Gromit Unleashed App) 

Gromit Number:      48
Gromit Artist:          Richard Starzak
Gromit Sponsor:     BID Clifton Village
Gromit Location:    The Mall Gardens, Clifton Village

No comments:

Post a Comment