Tuesday 2 July 2013

Light as a Feather

This colourful little guy involved an emergency stop on Gloucester Road and a chat with two nice ladies who obviously thought I was crazy (everyone does so no change there!). One thing you should know about me, if you don't know already, is that I like a project to keep me busy! I'm a bit like Monica from Friends that way - think ring biders, colour coding, dividers etc, and that's me! So while i'm on my six week holiday, I need something to keep me busy - and these Gromits fit the bill! Otherwise I'd be sitting twiddling my thumbs! 


This is Feathers - Gromit Number 62. He sits outside a church on Gloucester Road and looks as if he has just had paint pots chucked at him - but I love it! He's a beauty! Feathers was designed by Dave Bain who is an illustrator who has painted live on the BBC. In 2011 he designed the I Spy Gorilla and has been commissioned again to paint a Gromit! His inspiration for this design was to take parts of his favourite birds and encompass them into a geometrical and bright pattern that covered Gromit. Very pretty!

Gromit Number:       62
Gromit Artist:           Dave Bain
Gromit Sponsor:       Nailsea Electrical
Gromit Location:      Gloucester Road 

No comments:

Post a Comment