Tuesday 2 July 2013

Blossom

Onwards with our journey and up onto the Downs for the next two. This was in a different location to any of the Gorillas and so we had to keep our eyes peeled to find it. It was sitting beside the Downs Changing Rooms - which if i'd know I had my own set of changing rooms, i'd have been there more often! To be honest, everything around near with the name Downs in it makes me laugh because it's my surname!


So this pretty little thing is Blossom - she's painted like a Summer Day with beautiful coloured flowers and a bright blue sky. She is situated in a beautiful little part of Bristol - on the Downs and stands surrounded my the trees and flowers which adorn her body! She is Gromit number 64 and was designed by Emily Ketteringham. Emily designed Gromit to remind her of a fresh garden with flowers growing that she hopes to one day have - she hopes it will inspire everybody to get digging their own garden. Emily is a screen-printer and artist who has designed and created a number of Play Houses. 

I'd love to have a garden where I can grow beautiful flowers like the one on Blossom!

Gromit Number:       64
Gromit Artist:           Emily Ketteringham
Gromit Sponsor:      Siniat Limited
Gromot Location:    Next to the Downs Changing Rooms, The Downs 

No comments:

Post a Comment