Friday 5 July 2013

Gromit Hunting Day

So on Wednesday, I decided to put on some comfortable flip flops and start the trail of some of the city centre Gromits. It was a beautifully sunny day and there were a lot of Gromit hunters out there! I kept passing people either looking at the Trail Map or with their nose in their phone, looking at the app! 

So my first port of call was to get the Gromits that were close to Whiteladies Road and around the Clifton Triangle. So I began with a stroll down Pembroke Road, with the Victoria Rooms in my sight. 


I think this has got to be one of my favourite Gromits - probably because it is a bit bling! This is Golden Gromit, number 5 on the Gromit trail and he sits just in front of the fountain at the Victoria Rooms. His creator, Julie Vernon, used gold mosaic tiles to cover Gromit's body and he really sparkles. Julie is a mosaic artist based in Nottingham and her inspiration for this Gromit was golden Buddhas in Thailand. She said she was also inspired by the Olympic legacy and how gold medals created a sense of pride in Britain. 

Gromit Number:        5
Gromit Artist:            Julie Vernon
Gromit Sponsor:       Dancourt Group
Gromit Location:      Victoria Rooms

No comments:

Post a Comment